|Who we are
Ormskirk Community Partnership is a voluntary association, established in 2009 as a "Voice for Ormskirk" , which seeks to involve local people in what goes on in our town - to give residents a chance to have their say.
Our members are all local people who know they can make a difference.
Our objectives are:-
OCP is non-party in politics and is non-sectarian in religion.
- To pursue proposals developed through the Ormskirk Market Town Initiative.
- To act as a charitable organisation to promote community events, activities and developments in Ormskirk.
|What we do
Our priorities have been decided after widespread consultation with residents and local business.
At present, we are focusing on:-
- Resolving issues between residents and our local university, and making sure Ormskirk benefits fully from the presence of Edge Hill University.
- Working with the Council and local firms to make the town centre clean and attractive.
- Lobbying for transport improvements.
- Promoting Ormskirk to visitors.
We have launched the Ormskirk Gingerbread Project with the help of a grant from the Big Lottery Fund and, are also working with local businesses to promote Ormskirk via Love Ormskirk.
There are many more things we plan to do but we need more people to make things happen.
If you want to make Ormskirk an even better place to live and work, please contact us through this web site
or at the address or phone the number on our Contact Page.
Let's Make Ormskirk Better!
+ Town Centre
+ Ormskirk Market
+ Culture and Learning
+ Eating and Drinking
+ Voluntary Groups
+ Local Plan
+ Local News
+ and more...